We've been busy the last couple of days! Here are the latest stories on LatinoLA! http://latinola.com/
• Latino Funny on DVD: Cheech, Rudy, Culture Clash y Muchos Más by LatinoLA Contributor
• News From the Brown Side of Town 2.13.13 by Frankie Firme, Contributing Editor
• Free Farm Fresh Fruits and Vegetables, While Supply Lasts!
• Something Different ... and Liquid ... for a Change by Frankie Firme, Contributing Editor
• Indio Guide to Avoiding Cheesy Clichés This Valentine's Day
• The Fuchsia Dress at the Grammys by Guadalupe Gonzalez, Contributing Writer
• On The Abdication of A Pope by Guadalupe Gonzalez, Contributing Writer
• It's a Wonderful Life? by Rodolfo F. Acuña
• Cindy Vela: Model, Actor, Musician ... Next Big Thing? by Dr. Al Carlos Hernandez, Contributing Editor
• Rejected for Decades, WWII Servicemen Receives Memorial Service by Diana Martinez, Editor, San Fernando Sun
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Monday, February 4, 2013
At LatinoLA.com, we consider all of you ... contributors, readers, supporters ... our familia. But on special occasions, I get to brag on the accomplishments of my own family members. And this weekend we have a double dose for your pleasure.
First, my brother, Adrian de la Peña, will be part of a group exhibition at the Vincent Price Art Museum in East L.A. College called Sanctified: Spirituality in Contemporary Art. The reception is this Saturday at from 5 to 7 pm.
You all know we love the band Quetzal. The family connection? My brother Jaime is married to Esther, who's the cousin of Quetzal's lead singer Martha Gonzalez. The band is celebrating their Grammy nomination at a free concert, also in East L.A. And it starts at 8 pm, so you can enjoy both art and music, family-style!
Reminder: You can still tix to Brazilian Carnaval! Here's how: Go to the Brazilian Carnaval calendar page on LatinoLA here. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Where it says: "Leave a Message", tell us why you really, really want to go. Best comments win tix! We have three pair to give away. (Make sure you include your name in the message field.)
Posted by Abelardo de la Peña Jr. at 2:27 PM